Preparing For Your Visit
Please plan approximately 60 minutes for your initial visit to Rochester Chiropractic Group.
There are essentially 6 components to the initial visit.
- Registration - you will be asked to fill out necessary forms before the doctor can see you. You may download all of our registration forms and complete them at home in order to save some time in the office. Click here to link to registration forms.
- History - After you complete the initial registration process, we will begin to discuss your health concerns and past history. Click here to view health history form.
- Physical examination will be completed, which has two primary components: (1) neurological and orthopedic examinations to determine a clinical diagnosis and. (2) assessment of your posture, muscle function, flexibility and spinal joint function. Click here to view Neck Pain form, Click here to view Back Pain form.
- Treatment Planning - The details of your diagnosis will be presented and discussed.
- Treatment - Treatments in our office may include stretches, exercises, therapy modalities (electrical muscle stimulation, TENS, ultrasound), soft tissue relaxation techniques and spinal manipulation/adjustments. Click here to view stretching Information in PDF
Your doctor will apply his hands to the area of your body to be treated in such a way as to mobilize your joints. Commonly, a short impulse is applied to the joint. This may cause an audible "pop" or "click," similar to when you "crack" your knuckles. You may sense movement of the joint.
The goal of the adjustment includes the following:
- Increase the joint mobility / range of motion
- Relieve pain
- Reduce muscle spasmRestore optimal joint function